You are invited to a Broadway Junction Public Visioning Forum
Download the Event Flyer
For people who live, work & visit the area around Broadway Junction
Saturday, March 3, 2012
9:45am - 2:30pm
Registration starts at 9:30am
Lunch will be provided
ASPIRATIONS H.S. , PS 646
1495 Herkimer St.
Brooklyn, NY 11233
Your chance to tell us...
- how you use and see the Broadway Junction area currently
- what the biggest problems are to get to Broadway Junction
- how can the area be better connected to surrounding neighborhoods
- how the Industrial Business Zone can become the engine for more jobs
- how access to trains and buses can be improved
- what uses could locate around the train stations
- and what you envision there in the future
The Public Visioning Forum will begin with a tour of the area followed by workshops focusing on transit, affordable housing, access to job, better retail and services, and how to make the area more environmentally sustainable. Planners from the Dept. of City Planning and other City agencies will be there and are eager to hear about your ideas!
The Broadway Junction Area Visioning Forum is part of the NYC Dept. of City Planning's Sustainable East New York Study. This study is planning for affordable housing, improved transportation access, more job opportunities and better services for a greener, stronger Broadway Junction, East New York and Cypress Hills. The study is funded by a U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development Sustainable Communities Planning Grant.
To RSVP or for more info
Please contact the NYC Dept. of City Planning Brooklyn Office at SCENY_DL@planning.nyc.gov or by phone at 718-780-8280