Welcome to SustainableNYCT.org
The New York-Connecticut Sustainable Communities Consortium approved its Implementation Plan for Regional Sustainable Development on May 30, 2014. The three-year partnership brought together seventeen cities, counties, and regional organizations in Long Island, New York City, the Hudson Valley, and southern Connecticut under a $3.5 million U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Sustainable Communities Regional Planning Grant to support local and regional planning that leverages the region's robust transit network and promotes economic opportunity.
The New York-Connecticut Sustainable Communities Consortium would like to thank members of the public who engaged in the regional effort. HUD and the federal Partnership for Sustainable Communities also deserves much credit for conceiving and implementing a national initiative that is creating change in communities across America.
Implementation Plan for Sustainable Development is now available
Other Consortium deliverables can be found on the resources page of this website.
- 2014.07.21: Governor Malloy Announces Funding for Bridgeport Barnum Train Station Design & Permitting
- 2014.05.01: Public Steering Committee Meeting, May 30
- 2014.03.27: Public Steering Committee Meeting, April 11
- 2014.03.13: Suffolk County: Open Space+Downtown Revitalization+Economic Development
- 2014.01.31: Public Steering Committee Meeting, March 14
- 2013.12.26: Public Steering Committee Meeting, Jan. 10
- 2013.12.06: Public Workshop meeting Catches Local Connecticut Press
- 2013.11.12: Grants Awarded to Help Build Affordable Housing Near Transit
- 2013.11.08: Second Workshop for Norwalk's TOD Pilot Program, Nov 13
- 2013.10.24: Public Steering Committee Meeting, Nov 8